About the Center of Excellence for Children's Behavioral Health
The Center of Excellence employs a three-pronged focus on research, policy and practice.
The center is engaged in providing workforce development through technical assistance and training to build the capacity of the state of Georgia’s behavioral health workforce.
We also conduct research and evaluation to monitor and assess behavioral health services for providers and state agencies to measure program effectiveness
The center conducts consultative research and policy analysis services for local, state, and national partners focusing on: financing structures and service delivery opportunities for improving behavioral health Systems of Care.
Core Aims of the Center of Excellence
- Creating an integrated data hub;
- Conducting objective research;
- Translating evidence-driven models into practice;
- Providing thought leadership with a systems perspective;
- Developing community-based workforce capacity;
- Providing program implementation support.
Approach to Our Work
The implementation of COE activities is informed by best practices, Georgia System of Care data, local and state level policy, diverse stakeholder experience, and previous implementation lessons.