LIPT Collaboratives (LCs) will provide a feedback loop for collaborative learning regarding the operation of the Local Interagency Planning Teams. Regional Teams are established at the regional level (6 DBHDD regions). The purpose is to identify shared and cross-cutting issues related to children’s behavioral health as identified in the local interagency planning team processes.
- To assure that gaps in services are identified
- To assure that barriers at the local level are identified and addressed
- To assure a common vision at the regional level
- To decrease fragmentation and duplication across partners
- To identify strengths in processes
Because LCs were created informally and were unfunded, they did not fully realize their potential and are currently not in operation. However, DBHDD is reinstituting the LCs — identifying both a point of accountability at the state level and the support needed to successfully operate these bodies.